What a treat! We spent our day yesterday at the Dallas Arboretum. We got to walk around and delight in all the beautiful flowers and landscaping they have to offer. I even got to sit in a wagon pulled by sedge grass horses AND take a picture with a real bunny, second year in a row. Basically, I'm a pro at it!
Here are my 5 suggestions when traveling with your little dudes and dudettes to the Arboretum:
1. Bring a wagon or stroller. This place is HUGE! It's getting hot and the last thing us little people (with our little legs) want to do is walk; and the last thing YOU as a parent will want to do is carry us all around the entire Arboretum. Side note: they also have wagons for rent for $10 a pop at the Information Booth.
2. Bring a cooler of snacks/drinks for us and bring your wallet. Let's be honest. The Arboretum is pricey. It costs $15 to park, and another $10 for us kiddos (4-10 yrs old) to get in. Not to mention each adult entry is $15 too! Can I also add that is costs $3 additional per person to go into the Children's Adventure Garden? We always want something. If you don't feel like packing up the cooler, be prepared for spending at least $100 throughout the day on us. Food is expensive here.
3. It's crowded. You're never going to get a picture without someone else photobombing it. Not everyone is as nice as you are, so they probably won't care anyway. They will probably bump into you, sneeze on you, step on your foot or roll over it with a stroller/wagon (like the one you bring), and cut in front of you in the long line while you're waiting to order food from the cafe.
4. The food isn't that great. So parents-eat before or just know that you won't be getting a high-end meal here. A $12 salad won't fill you up, but the beer is cold and there is nothing better than walking around, breathing in the fresh air and embracing the beauty that surrounds you with a cold drink in hand (I prefer their lemonade).
5. Don't forget to enjoy the moment. There is so much beauty and serenity at this place. The flowers smell amazing, and the grass is so green and luscious. Enjoy each other and have fun! The day won't be perfect, so don't plan for anything to go exactly how you think it will. Go with the flow and appreciate the time you have there with the ones you love.
Don't forget your sunscreen too! This place is incredible and worth the special trip out to enjoy all of God's beauty. Let me know if you take your little ones!
What Mommy Wore- Top: Target // Jeans: Rio Ritz Boutique // Purse: Michael Kors.