Do you RUSTIC?
The ultimate playground. From corn hole, sticks, sand, live music and wooden chairs with the letter "R" on them (for Ryder, of course!), this is by far my favorite restaurant to [try to] destroy! It's a boy's dream come true!
The staff here is AWESOME. They are quick, happy and love to talk to me. What's not to love though?!
The food is always amazing as well. The best part of my recent visit was the banana pudding in a mason jar topped with whipped cream and caramel. Don't worry, I had some mouth-watering chicken fingers and french fries before devouring the dessert.
My mommy says her favorite appetizer there is the goat cheese. Try it!
Thanks for letting my momma and me spend the afternoon with you guys at the Rustic!
What Ryder Wore: tee- Camplight Apparel // jeans- H&M // button up- Carter's // boots: Cavender's Boot City.
Lower Greenville is NOT what it used to be. Long gone are the days of rugged bars and tattoo parlors, and we all have more than welcomed new restaurants, shops and even a grocery store to the area!
During the day, Lower Greenville is now a family-friendly, walkable community. It is about time! Below are my favorite spots to hang, and a couple pics from my day out.
1. Steel City Pops - This popsicle shop is a huge hit, especially with our 100+ degree weather (yuck!). I love their organic, all-natural flavors. Your taste buds will be screaming for more with their delicious flavors from strawberry lemonade to avocado and coconut. They have a great open patio too!
2. HG Sply Co - Grab a quick bite or a delicious all-natural fruity drink here. Their roof top patio is great for kids during the day. We sat at one of the picnic-like tables and had a special drink, made just for me. This delicious beverage was made with muddled strawberries, pineapple, orange juice with raw cane sugar on the side of the glass and topped with a cucumber and mint. Ask and you shall receive, and boy do they deliver. WOW! The staff is super friendly here too!
3. Truck Yard - Bring your dog, bring your kids, bring your grandma or just bring yourself because this outdoor food truck park is a totally laid back, family-friendly place to fill up on grub and drinks. Fun for everyone!
4. Society Bakery - So cute, quaint and classy. Love that their icings are made from scratch Not only do they have tasty cupcakes, they also have custom cakes and cookies to die for! Bring a friend (or your momma) so you can try more than one of their yummy flavored cupcakes.
5. Trader Joes - Oh how I love coming here. My favorite part? My own kid-sized grocery cart and samples galore! I think my mommy likes me pushing around the cart for a change, eh, except when I sneak in a treat or two (hehe!). I must say, the staff is extremely friendly here too; they always give me a sticker or sucker before I leave! Props.
What Ryder Wore: Tank- Trilogy Design Co // Camo button-up - Carters // Pants- H&M // Boots- Cavenders.
What Mommy Wore: Tank and 'mommy' necklace- Royal Bowtique // White Bralette- Urban Outfitters // Plaid button-up - Francesca's // Boots- Aldo.
My ReTrak Adventures
If you're looking for a birthday gift, or a "just because" or maybe even just a "I want to buy myself something awesome AND useful" gift, look no further than what I am about to show you. There is something for everyone!
My mommy and I were insanely spoiled by the ReTrak team, and are now obsessed with all of their products.
From retractable earbuds to the Animalz headphones, a selfie stick and a retractable USB charger, we are set now in the technology department!
Let's start with my favorite: Animalz headphones
First of all, these things are INCREDIBLE. They are easy to use, and because they have volume limiting technology, they are safe for my little growing ears. My mommy is obsessed with the built-in retractable cable, making it a tangle-free headphone solution built to last. The cuddly soft fabric and lovable animal design ensure comfort for road trips, plane rides, or stroller-ride listening!
My mommy's favorite: Retractable Sports Wrap Earbuds with Pink Armband
Comfortable. Perfect fit. This is an excellent piece for your work out, whether it's yoga, jogging, or weight training, you can feel safe knowing the cord won't get wrapped up or snag on anything. We have all been there when the earbud has been ripped out of your ear in the middle of a work-out. OUCH. When you’re done exercising, simply retract the Earwraps and you won’t have to waste time de-tangling them the next time you use them! They also come in a variety of cute colors (or manly colors for all you macho men out there.)
I must say, my jogs with momma were quite boring up until now. I get compliments from everyone AND I don't have to tell my mommy to run faster or slow down anymore because I'm too busy listening to my shows with my cool new headphones. Try them out for yourself!
These products can be purchased through Best Buy, Amazon, and airport wireless stores.
*Not pictured here, is the retractable charge and sync cable, which is perfect for your car, on the go, in class or at work. Now you can charge your phone via USB cable with ease and convenience.
*Also not pictured is the totally rad selfie stick, which is compatible with the iPhone AND cameras, so you'll never miss a moment (or have to ask some creepy guy walking by to take a picture and hope he doesn't steal your phone in the process….you know you worry about that too!).
What Ryder (and mommy) have on: DJ Pandaz Headphones // Skate Monkeez Headphones // Retractable Earbuds and Pink Armband //
I'm Ryder, just a cool 4-year-old styling Dallas one blog at a time. Check out my posts to stay tuned in on everything kid-hip.