Best trip ever! From Disney World (I will post about that later!) to Ft. Lauderdale to visit family and the beach, I am pretty sure this was and will be the BEST trip ever!!!
Check out some of my favorite beach pics from my trip below and here are 5 of my personal tips for all you mommies and daddies traveling with us little ones.
1. SNACKS. Bring our favorite snacks and treats for us. Comfort snacks will make us feel more at home on the plane and nothing seems to occupy us better than snacks. My mommy also likes to bring along suckers, so I can suck on something while ascending and descending so my ears don't pop!
2. iPad & activities. My mommy swears by this. Be sure to download all games, shows, apps, etc before the flight! If your flight doesn't have WiFi, download movies from iTunes or download apps/games that don't require an internet connection and we're good to go! We also pack books and coloring books to switch it up for a bit. If we're feeling crazy, we might even start coloring pages and handing them out to the passengers around us (this makes most of the passengers happy..unless they're sleeping! Oops!)
3. WAIT TO BOARD. If you're anything like me (an overactive little dude), we don't like being in tight spaces for too long, so don't rush to board with all the rest of the antsy folks. Just wait and let us run around and knock luggage over, bump into people (or things) and exert more energy out of us (and you) before the flight.
4. SECURITY. It's going to be a pain. I might even throw a fit, but at least I don't have to take off my shoes! AND sometimes the nice security personnel will sneak you through the "fast lane" because you're traveling with me! If they don't, and you have to wait in that atrociously long security line after waiting forever to check your bags, make a game of it! We like to play "I Spy" with all the people and luggage around. (I always win!)
5. SURPRISES. There is nothing better than a new toy, game or book! Pack us something special and bring it out during the flight when we're getting a little testy. It'll lighten the mood and engage us for long enough to give you a short break! :)
Share your special tricks in the Comments section below!
I'm Ryder, just a cool 4-year-old styling Dallas one blog at a time. Check out my posts to stay tuned in on everything kid-hip.