The fruit of the summer…that delicious, juicy spiky fruit that I (quite ashamed to admit) was always afraid to cut up until just recently. I am totally obsessed! You'll see why below.
Here are 10 ways I will be enjoying pineapple this summer:
1. Grilled Pineapple: Simply grilling some thick juicy slices of pineapple makes a great side dish with its caramelized sugary taste. I like to add a little honey, lemon juice and a sprinkle of black pepper to top it off.
2. Pineapple Popsicles: All you need is milk, thinly chopped pineapple and a little sugar, and this cool treat will have your kiddos (and you!) going crazy for more! Find the recipe here.
3. Fresh Pineapple: This juicy fruit is just as delicious eaten as is, plain and simple! Just the way Ryder likes it!
4. Wear it: A great way to enjoy pineapple this summer is to wear it! These cute swim suits are available at St. Bernard Sports. Comfy and cute for the whole family!
5. Infused Pineapple: For those 21+, my favorite summer treat is just some fresh pineapple cut up and soaked in vodka. Titos is my personal favorite and the longer it soaks, the better (I prefer about a week! So plan ahead.)
6. Pineapple drinks: For the kiddos, you can do pineapple juice and water (or sprite) for a fresh cool drink at the pool. 1 cup of pineapple juice actually contains 131% of the daily value of Vitamin C. For us big kids, my favorite pineapple drink is a Frozen Pineapple Daiquiri! Yum.
7. Frozen Pineapple pieces: These will cool you off! Put the chunks on toothpicks and freeze for a refreshing snack for you and the kids!
8. Pineapple Sorbet: You don't need anything but 1 can of pineapple chunks packed in juice. Freeze the can for a couple of days, take it out and let it stand for 10 minutes. Put the block of pineapple into a blender for a minute and serve immediately! Delicious and healthy dessert!
9. Pineapple Cobbler: Spread the can of pineapple chunks on the bottom of a lightly greased brownie pan, sprinkle a box of dry jiffy yellow cake mix (the small box) Drizzle a stick of melted butter over the top and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes (I just check it until it's the color we like!)
10. Chips and Pineapple Salsa: This recipe is to die for! We love making fresh salsa and fresh guacamole and this is a GREAT one for the summer. Check out the recipe here and try it for yourself!
What Ryder Wore: Bathing Suit- St. Bernard Sports
What Mommy Wore: Bathing Suit- St. Bernard Sports
Leave a Reply.